Friday, December 6, 2013

December Secret Subject Swap


Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week, 12 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.  






Your “Secret Subject” is: 
It's time for reflection. 
What has 2013 taught you and 
what are your hopes for 2014?

It was submitted by: The Momisodes







I don't reflected on years and I don't make resolutions.  The point is lost on me.  The idea that you can summarize the year or set goals a year in advance.  Chances are I'll mess up before the end of January.  Then I've just set myself up for failure.  Never good.  ;) 
 
That's not to say I'm not a planner.  I do love to make notes, write lists and set daily and weekly goals, I even budget two or three months in advance.  But after 40-years I've realized that there are too many variables in a year to try to plan around.  

Maybe that makes me a bit pessimistic or perhaps a realist; either way I don't see a year worthy of reflection.  I see the day to day struggles as milestones and the daily or weekly goals met as small triumps.  

So as for my reflection of 2013 and my hopes for 2014; I don't want to look too far back or too far forward.  I'll stick with the day to day and be happy in those.

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:
                                Baking In ATornado
                                    TheMomisodes
           Moore Organized Mayhem
                              The Sadder ButWiser Girl
                                     Crazy AsNormal            
                   Searching for Sanity
                           Follow me home . . .
                              Evil Joy Speaks
                   The Bergham's Life Chronicles
                                Juicebox Confession
                         Dates 2 Diapers
                      The Insomniac’s Dream

8 comments:

  1. I'm a planner too. To the point where it drives my hubs CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a list maker. The problem is, I end up writing new lists with the same plans. My hopes are to finish some of those things…ever! Good for you for focusing and enjoying the present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I set achievable goals, at least on paper.
      The others I leave in my head... no witnesses to my failures then. ;)

      Delete
  3. Love this answer. I think we're all at our best when we're present in the moment and living for today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's made me happier and less disappointed. :)

      Delete
  4. What a great answer to the prompt. Sometimes the smallest achievements are worth the most, though we may not remember them 12 months later...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessive with my planning. You MIGHT could say I'm a control freak. Might. I've learned over these recent few years, you can't plan life. As you mentioned... setting yourself up for failure. Now I just try to have a general idea of what I need to have happen, and work to see it all come to fruition. Loved your post!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for takin' the time to read my stuff. :)