Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What We Saw at Comic Con


Dallas Comic Con: Fan Days
October 4 - 6, 2013

This was our first comic con.  This was our first time to cosplay.  This was the first time the husband didn't roll his eyes when I asked to do something uber lame.  He even considered going in costume, but quickly changed his mind.  He was nice enough however, not to make fun of Justice and me.  ;)

 While waiting in line to get in these are just a few of the characters we saw. 







Once inside the convention center I was so busy explaining who everyone was that I didn't take as many pictures as I should have.  Our poor daughter is sadly lacking in '70's, 80's and '90's pop culture and comics.  We have failed!
When this guy walked across the parking garage (where everyone was lined up waiting to get inside) a HUGE applause erupted.  It was one of the best moments of the weekend watching him look around and then realizing it was all for him. 








I found Waldo! 

Our first panel was Comic Book Legends with Neal Adams and Herb Trimpe.  I didn't really know what to expect, but I was hoping to get some information for Justice.  In the end I just learned that Neal was rude and Trimpe didn't care.  Very disappointing.  



Just one of about 100 contestants in the costume contest.








The contest winners: Wicked Witch and her Flying Monkey, RoboChick, Vincent, Sandman and Judge Dredd.


Sunday was John Barrowman's Q&A and it was FABULOUS!! 
I liked him in the Doctor and Torchwood, but after seeing how he treats his fans and the way he tells stories, I'll be watching anything he's in. *My videos are still not uploaded.  One day... pinky swear.  ;)



The Dalek doesn't move for 15-minutes so I thought it was a prop.  I go up to get my picture taken right after taking Tommy's and the dude inside swivels the head around.  I nearly jump out of my skin.  Justice hides behind him and to cover my near screech I laugh and talk to the guy inside.  He informs me that he won best in show in the Bay Area Comic Con.  Tommy can't hear me or the guy and is busy looking for the person with the remote.  When I continue to talk to the Dalek he thinks I've lost my mind.  I remind him later that that only happens with Cybermen.  ;) 

1979 Spider-Woman Stand Up... only $300.  Tommy said no.  <sigh>


My loot from the weekend: 20 Spider-Woman comic books (18 for just $1)  <squee!>  The other 2 half off which included Spiderman and X-Men appearances.  And then the original 1979 TV series on DVD for $25.  I was excited to find that one since most are $50 and not universal.  This one even played in the kid's DVD player... so I have them hooked.  <evil laugh> 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an AWESOME time! Your costumes looked amazing, btw. You did such a great job. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the WonderWomanMan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that looks fun! I spy Deadmaus Storm Trooper and I love that Tardis garter that chick wore...that looks like such a geeky nerd time though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a ton of fun! I missed the comic fest in our city this year and I was so sad :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for takin' the time to read my stuff. :)