Friday, October 18, 2013

October Fly on The Wall

Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 14 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.

 



If you were a fly on my wall this week you'd get bored fast.  I've not done much of anything but write.  I did do a load of laundry or two, but the floors need sweeping and the house needs dusting.  But I don't care, I'm writing.  Like for real writing.  Not just blogging.  Not that blogging isn't writing, but it's more short story writing and I've done that most of my life. 

For the first time I'm stringing more than a few thousands words together to tell a story.  I'm not sure how many I'll end up with, I don't know the number of chapters or to be honest where the story is going.  I mean, I have a general idea, but I'm letting the words lead me to the next place in the plot.  And I have to say, I LOVE IT!

When the house is relatively quiet and I do mean relative, I sit down to a blank Word document and start writing.  Initially I would write and delete, but now that I know the characters I can tell their stories. 

That's one of the fun parts.  Like the reader I'm not certain where it's going to go.  As I said, I have a general idea and points I want to make, places I want to talk about and characters I already like in my head, but their day to day lives I don't know about... yet.

The scary part is I'm posting the chapters as I go.  Very little editing and only once have I read over the piece before I hit the publish button.  But it keeps me going.  The messages and comments asking when the next chapter will be out and the encouraging words.  

My goal is to finish this piece and see how I feel at the end.  My mind is already jumping to the next story even though I've not ended this one.  Which makes me want to push harder and faster.  But I can't, I have a story to tell and to do that I have to give details and build the characters so others will fall in love with them too.  

I mean, that's what a good writer does before they yank the fairytale away... right?


If you want to read it you can find it linked to this blog under:

You like that?  It's a play on my organizing.  The outside is organized, the mind is cluttered... okay it's lame, but whatever.  

When I started the blog back in May I did it under the name Ariadne Hyde.  If you know who that is without Googling, let's be friends.  ;)


You wanna see my alter ego? 
She'd be all mysterious and stuff if not for the cheesy smile.   




Now buzz around and check out these links for a peek into some other homes:


                                    Baking InA Tornado
                               Just a LittleNutty
                         Follow me home . . .
                Stacy Sews and Schools
                              The Sadder ButWiser Girl
                                 MenopausalMother
                Moore Organized Mayhem
                     The Insomniac’s Dream       
                      Spatulas on Parade
                              The Rowdy Baker    
                                       TrashyBlog
                            Dates 2 Diapers
                       Sorry kid, Your Mom Doesn’t Play Well With Others

8 comments:

  1. YAY for all the writing!!!! I hope the words continue to flow like a mountain river in the spring... Or something like that.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're writing. And I especially love that you're open to allowing the characters to take you where they need to go. Wish I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on all of the writing. It's so wonderful to feel it flow out AND be thinking about the next book. I can't wait to give it a read. (Great new blog name, by the way).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can get another chapter out today. :)

      Delete
  4. That is SO awesome!!
    Congratulations! I'll be hopping over to follow it! :)
    I did exactly the same thing in the spring. Posting chapter by chapter for several months. 107,431 words later it is about to be published.
    I'm so happy for you! It is such a madly wonderful ride to write like that. Wishing you clarity and happiness as you create magic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love writing and do it often, just haven't shared. I look forward to seeing what you've done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for takin' the time to read my stuff. :)