Friday, November 16, 2012

May I Never Be Too Busy


To my children:

 May I never use the excuse, “I’m too busy” because I’ve prioritized my life incorrectly.
May I find the time to make forts out of sheets, watch Disney movies and read silly books about smelly cheese, stinky dogs and curly haired girls who talk too much.
May I set aside a part of each day to hug you a dozen times, kiss your forehead, cheeks and nose, and steamroll you at least once a week for good measure. ;)
But most importantly, may I never forget that my time with you is only borrowed. And that one day we will leave this place… chances are without the other… and that neither of us looks back and says, “I wish I had spent more time with them.”

Love,
M.O.M.
















6 comments:

  1. I love this. it's such a reminder, and even though I consider myself an attentive dad, it hurts my heart when I lay my head on the pillow, and the moments in the day I didn't make time for the girls or enjoy the moment of it all comes back to haunt me.

    Kiss them, love them, revel in being their parent, because, as you said, it's only for a while. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all do it, "Did I spend enough time with them today?" I think when we start thinking we did that we're really missing something.

      But extra kisses help. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love this post. What a good reminder to spend as much time with your children as you can and to cherish each moment. I think we all need to read this once a day to remind ourselves to get off the computer or phone, stop cleaning the house, and just go play with your kids. Thank you for sharing :)

    And thanks for linking up with us at the Super Sunday Sync! I'm following your blog now :)
    http://nuggetonabudget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! It really touched my heart! I find myself all too often saying 'just wait a minute' to Lil Mister and I need to realize that it is actually the dishes that can wait or the laundry or the bathrooms needing cleaned! Nothing (not even a clean house) will replace the moments in these years that are flashing by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for takin' the time to read my stuff. :)