Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I am...



I just read Story of a Girl's "I am..." blog that was prompted by You Know It Happens At Your House Too who saw it on According to Mags... who found it on another blog... etc, etc, etc.  This is why I came back to the world of blogging.  I couldn't stay away from the people.  The sharing of every day life makes every day life more enjoyable.

So here are the rules, sit down for 5-minutes and start with the prompt, "I am...” Don't stop, don't think, don't proofread, and don’t change a thing. Just write down how you see yourself and use it as a tool. Good or bad, reflect on the person you are and come back to it. Whether you use it to motivate change in your life or celebrate who you are... just do it.

The goal is to spread it across the blogging community, but if you'd rather tuck it away and keep it for yourself, then you are welcome to do so. But we'd all love to see how you see yourself and perhaps it will help us see something in ourselves.

Ready, set... OMG no spellcheck!!!!

I am a Christian who makes no excuses, but does make a lot of mistakes.
I am an only child who hates to be alone.
I am a wife who sometimes takes her husband for granted. 
I am a mother to five children: 
Two gatekeepers in heaven that remind me that children are only on loan from God. 
And three here on earth to show me what unconditional love feels like, to remind me of how exciting learning new things is, and to remember that miracles and magic are still possible.
I am a friend who can weather any storm, who will call, text and pester even when no call is returned, no text replied to and one day will show up at your door.  (Be warned.)
I am organized; not sorta, not kinda, but from the thoughts in my head to the folded underwear in my closet. 
I am lazy, so lazy that I use efficiency to make my laziness even lazier. 
I am a fat.  Not the, "Oh my I need to lose 5lbs" fat.   But a, "Oh #$%* I need to unload at least 65lbs!" fat. 
I like food.
I sometimes like excercise.
I like cokes too much.
I don't like water enough.
I laugh at all my own jokes.
I want to be a writer but I'm afraid of failure.
I never quit, I just do a lot of 'do overs'... and I'm okay with that.

8 comments:

  1. You ARE A writer!!! I love this and am so glad you did it and hope you are as well!! Love, love, love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you for all of that!! You are an amazing person and I am do happy to have you in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to have you in my life too. :)

      Delete
  3. You have encouraged many women and I am one of those women!! You are a wonderful writer and I hope that you do write a book one day and I will be one of the first ones to buy it! Keep up the writing!
    Tammy Stephens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and love you! BTW, you're already a writer. No failure there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You have really encouraged me in this blogging thing. :)

      Delete

Thanks for takin' the time to read my stuff. :)