Thursday, October 18, 2012

From Russia with Love


I’m still very new to this blogging thing.  Okay, not blogging… I’ve done that since the late 90’s.   Yes, I know some of y’all were still in school.  Hush before I smack ya!  :P

Anyway, I’ve never really paid any attention to where my readers are from.  I kind of assumed they were all American and maybe a few of my friends scattered about the world.  But yesterday, as I was scrolling through my Blogger settings I noticed a Stats tab and looked around.  Most of it is things like your most popular blog.  No surprise it was my recent bird’s nest pendant giveaway.  Another that shows your traffic source which is kind of neat.  (Thank you Facebook for the readers.)  And then there was Audience.  And as expected the majority of my readers are from the US, but what I didn’t expect was that Russia was number two… and by a major lead over the others.

Now, this probably isn’t a big deal, but I’m curious by nature.  Like ‘has scars to prove it’, kind of curious.  But I just can’t find anything that would make what I say appealing to Russians (or anyone for that matter).  So I need help.  If you are one of my Russian readers… YOU HAVE TO TELL ME!!!  I’ve only been on here 2-months and yet more posts have been read by you guys then my other blog that was up for over 2-years.  I must know!!  :) 





...and I’d also like to know if someone has a couch or guest bedroom?  I’d love to travel the world, but I’m a stay at home mom with a small Etsy store.  I can’t really afford the ticket, but if I had a place to stay…
Oh and my husband would have to come.  He’s a big fan of vodka.  So of course that makes him part Russian.  (Not my words, his.)  LOL!  *He’s really Irish but thinks Russian's are badass.  ;)

10 comments:

  1. So, I'm not in Russia, but I do have a couch and I'll even put the kids in the same room and give you Ava's bed (full) to sleep in while here. And I'll pay for you food. I know people who go to Russia, I'll have them pick up vodka, will that work? We have a sake brewery close and it is super CHEAP! Drink enough and even the Japanese can be badass! (I snorted while typing that) We can go watch sumo wrestling too! Is any of that working to get you over here? Oh, I'll take you to Disney! (That has to work, who doesn't love Disney?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a fan of sake, Disney and little people.


      ... by little people I mean your kids. Duh!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hey Christina! I'm a new follower from the Friendly Friday blog hop!

    You are a FUNNY lady! "My husband would have to come. He's a big fan of vodka." Cracked me up! :o) You know what I love reading in the stats section? The google searches that lead people to your blog. I once randomly got 'Bradley Cooper chest hair transplant'. Of course, after I saw that, I had to blog about it, so now I think my blog is the first show up when anyone google's anything about Bradley Cooper's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not from Russia, I'm from Jersey. It's almost the same thing. We both have mafias. Does that count? Found you on the YKIHAYHT TGIF Blog Hop! Liking the blog, you're a funny one!!

    Teri
    Snarkfest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear it gets could up there. I went in the summer so I didn't get to see the white stuff. :(

      Delete
  4. Not from another country, but you know some Texans....they think they rule the land...kind of like Texas is their own country. Yep, that. I also have a couch. Incase you were wondering! Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post. You brought back memories for me. Before I switched to my own domain and used Blogger, I also had a large fan base from Russia and wrote a letter to them. It just amazes me how certain cultures find us and learn to love our writings. I was so excited the day that I got my first reader from Ireland...lol

    Irish
    Dedicated2life.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still no reply from Russia, but great meeting you. :)

      *Who doesn't love the Irish!?! ;)

      Delete

Thanks for takin' the time to read my stuff. :)