Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Because Painting is Easier Than Cleaning...



I’m kind of a big deal when it comes to painting.  I mean like no drop cloth needed kind a big deal. 
Impressed? 
No.
Yeah, I don’t blame ya. 
But trust me, the fact that I can cut in to corners and trim is pretty impressive and really saves time and money on that fancy blue painters tape.
You might be asking yourself, how is it that this chick is so awesome at painting?  I mean, she makes jewelry, blogs, occasionally watches her kids, sometimes helps with homework, once or twice a week cooks a meal… when does she find time to hone her house painting skills? 
Well, I’m glad you asked. 
I practice a lot.  I mean… a LOT!  On my house, on other people’s houses, sometimes clients, virtual strangers… I like to paint.  Okay not really… I like how things look after you paint.  And let’s face it, sometimes painting is easier than scrubbing walls. 
I said all that to say this:  I painted my front door today.
I know, I know, everyone loves a red door... and so do I.
But I like change more.  So we're blue for now.  It's fun dang it!
 




I just colored my hair today. 
Wasn't planning on blue high lights though.
.

..and I know I said I'm good at painting.  No drop cloth, no painters tape, I even paint in my 'street clothes', but I never said I don't get it in my hair sometimes.  <sigh> 


 







Also, since we're down to just one twin this week I've been shopping and running errands.
I know totally AWESOME!!! 
So the past two nights the husband has been fixing up all those little broken things around the house like the bifold door from the kitchen to the laundry room. (I touched up the paint on that today too.) <blows on finger nails>


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He also fixed the hinges on the console on the couch.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
… and I was nice enough to pick up a new pipe cutter for him to help out with our Etsy shop. 
Go ahead; scratch your head on that one.  LOL! 
<whispers> We use old copper pipes for many of our pieces.  We’re all earth friendly like that.  ;)

 
 
 
 
 
Oh and tonight he’s fixing my bifold door in my closet.  I <3 this house, but bifold doors suck.  Especially with two toddlers.  ;) 

...and you might be asking why the photos.  Well you see, I don't mind shopping for him, but I don't like to return things and I don't always listen to him when he tells me what he wants.  I mean, I try, but really?  There are 50 types of hinges and 100 pieces to a simple bifold door.  I find just taking photos and sending a quick text, "This or that?"  Saves so much time.
Man I <3 Technology!! 

Also I'd like to give a big shout out to the dude at Home Depot who showed me where to find the pipe cutters.  I mean, near the pipes would have been silly to put them.  <eye roll> 

Anyway, it's home improvement week at the Moore Homestead.  Or rather Home Repair week. 
Have I mentioned I <3 my kids today?  I do, I really, really do.  ;) 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you guys have obviously been BUSY! I painted my living room "orange" once. Okay not like pumpkin orange but a trendy one at the time. Holy shit,I accidentally got the tops of my hair (short at the time) in paint (don't ask how) and I didn't know it. I was on top of the ladder cutting in at the top of the wall and ended up putting "feathery wisps of orange paint on my white ceiling. I still haven't lived that one down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the feathery wisps in the door that made me aware of my blue tips. LOL!! :)

      Delete
  2. I am so inspired to paint out front door red now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newest follower here! I found you through the Friday blog hop! Cute blog, I can’t wait to read more!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for takin' the time to read my stuff. :)