Thursday, September 13, 2012

Our Mini-Vaca


The Gaylord Texan in Grapevine was hosting The Smart Jewelry Show, a very large, very informative event.  My husband’s boss asked us to go with him and his wife, all expenses paid.  If you are not familiar with The Gaylord, just know that it’s a beautiful resort and one we could not afford now or anytime soon.  We were excited to say the least.  :)  

We left out early Friday morning and stayed till early Monday morning.  It was a busy, tiring weekend, but so much fun.  The husband’s boss made sure we got the full experience and took us to several of the very nice restaurants inside the resort and we had drinks at some of the coolest bars, one was right off the lake.  With the kids safely at home with my mom and no worrying about the tabs… life was good.  ;)

*I’m not sure a Thank You card is enough.  We <3 them big time!!  :)
As you walk in to The Gaylord in Grapevine.

The ceiling.

The river/creek that runs through the place.

 Big Ole Geyser Thingy. ;)
 

One of many Bench Challenges.

A 10 carat center stone with about 2 carats of side stones. 

Just us at The Glass Cactus overlooking Lake Grapevine.
 
The after party at The Glass Cactus.  Music was GREAT!
*Limelight I think is the bands name.
 

It was tough coming back. Monday was Girl Scouts, Tuesday a doctor’s appointment for the twins followed by Tae Kwon Do, Wednesday I discovered our checking account password and pin were messed up so I've been spending the last few days changing all our passwords (Geez there are a lot!) And today it's back to Tae Kwon Do.  Maybe the next mini-vaca will just be a book and a quiet place. ;)  


6 comments:

  1. I love that picture of you and Tommy together! So romantic. Super plus points for it being free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One night we ate at the Old Hickory Steak House and the entries ran about $45 a plate. This isn't the kind of place where you share a plate. :) We kept looking at them, each other and the menu. It's one thing to have things paid for that you can't see the price on, but when you can... YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is awesome looks like it was a lot of fun and well deserved time away! happy to see you getting some R&R! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, you are too gorgeous to be a writer--you should be vlogging (if that is even what it is called!) so people can SEE you! You also have a beautiful family and I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of such an amazing opportunity! What a beautiful resort--pretty sure it's not on Priceline though...I can hope. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lights and angles. I should give lessons. I have no chin and need to lose 60+ pounds. I <3 my cam and hate other peoples cameras. ;)

    *I do have one vlog, check out the Speakin' Texan one. It's a video on... duh... how to speak Texan. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! I will check it out--and NO angles or lights will hide the fact that I need to lose 60+ pounds! That is SOME camera! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for takin' the time to read my stuff. :)