Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Liebster Award

Thank you Banana Clips, Music and Me for the Liebster Award. 
It was fun answering the questions and making new ones up. 
Now to pass the fun along.  :) 
 
 
 
The Rules:
1.      Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2.      Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
3.      Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
4.      Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.  Go to their page and tell them.
5.      No tag backs.
 
11 Things about Me:
1.     I wanted to be an interior decorator but instead went straight from college and started working for a bank.  I was there 12-years. 
2.     I’ve traveled to all 48-contiguous states and would love to visit Hawaii and Alaska soon.
3.     I love studying history.  What I enjoy most is learning about the way of life, not just the major events. 
4.     I have no desire to sky dive, cliff dive or bungee jump.  I see no reason to leave a solid surface to free fall…only to hit the solid surface again. 
5.     I love all things Jane Austen, from fan fiction to BBC dramas. 
6.     I want to visit the UK in the very near future, even if that means skipping Hawaii and Alaska.  (Promised myself I’d see all 50 states before going abroad.)
7.     I cannot relax and watch a movie or read unless everything in my line of sight is clean. 
8.     When I had our first child my obsession with a clean and organized house became worse.  When the twins came along I finally learned how to relax.  (At least my version of relaxed.)  ;)
9.     I love power tools.  One Mother’s Day I received a cordless drill, the next a compound miter saw.  Still two of my favorite gifts. 
10.  On my 16th birthday my dad gave me a gun.  At 21 I completed my Concealed Handgun License and have never been without.  But I’m not a member of the NRA.  ;)
11.  I fantasize about dressing up in Steampunk attire with Lara Croft thigh holsters and doing one of those impossible stop action gun fighting scenes. 
*And of course I single handedly save the world.  You are welcome.  ;)
 
Princess Mama's 11 Questions:
 
1. If you could marry any person (past or present) who would it be and why?
Gerard Butler!!!!   Why?  Cause he’s just so dreamy and the accent and the abs in 300 and, and… <dreamy sigh>

2. Would you rather be attacked by a bear or an alligator?
A baby squirrel.  ;) 
I’m going to say a bear.  Alligators drown their food I think.  I don’t like the idea of drowning.  :( 

3. What is your favorite chapstick?
Spearmint can’t go to sleep without it. 

4. What is your fondest childhood memory?
I remember one summer vacation with my parents, our Ford LTD2, 8-Tracks and 9 states.

5. If you could know what your future held would you want to know?
Only the good parts. :)

6. Would you rather give up your phone or your computer?
Computer,  I can do just about everything with my phone. 

7. Do you think men in uniform are sexy?
Not really.  They look nice, but I prefer a man in a cape.  LOL!

8. What is your favorite thing to drink?
I should say water but that would be a lie.  Dr Pepper or Maker’s Mark and Coke. 

9. What is the one thing you have always wanted to do?
Travel to the UK.  Still waiting…

10. If you could get any cosmetic surgery done, would you and why?
Yes, boob job for sure.

11. If you could live any movie, what would it be and why?
Lost in Austen comes to mind. 
 
My 11 Questions:
 
1.     What did you want to be when you grew up?  And are you doing it?
2.     How many states/countries have you been to?
3.     What is your favorite movie and why?
4.     Who is your favorite author?  (I’m especially looking forward to this one… I need some new reading material.)   
5.     If you could live in any time period what would it be?
6.     Do you or have you jumped off anything for no apparent reason?  I.E. sky diving, bungee jumping… 
      7.     Do you have any crazy fantasies?  (PG-rated ones…)  ;)
       8.     What would your dream vacation be?
       9.     What site do you visit the most in a day?
10.  What inspired you to start blogging?
11.  What is one thing you do every day that makes you happy?
 
  

11 Bloggers I’m awarding:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Have fun!!!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! What an honor. I am always shocked someone actually likes my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I am honored!! You rock:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the answers :) Maybe especially the Gerard Butler and boob job ones. Ditto. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know you got TWO awards! ----> http://chewylicious.wordpress.com/2012/09/08/liebster-award/ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to thank you so much!! It really is an honor to be recognized by you! I can't wait until tm to get started on mine and BTW LOVE yours! <3
    Mommy Needs A Break
    http://mommysbreak.blogspot.com/
    www.facebook.com/mommyneedsabreak

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for takin' the time to read my stuff. :)