Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Livable Living Room

The past few days I have been painting the living room.  As much as I loved my red walls, it was time for a change.  We've been in this house almost 4-years and though that's not a long time, it was time to brighten things up. 
But this isn't the first time I've changed things up in the living room.  Nope, nothing beats the faux fireplace de-'mantling' of 2011.  As pretty as it was, it took up very valuable floor space.  And when you have 5 people in a 1,200 sq. ft. house, you don't waste space. 
*We were able to salvage the mantel and sold it to an antique store and used the money for supplies... it worked out great.  I still miss it, but the blue piano has helped ease the pain.  ;)
One month in our new house. 
It was just the three of us at the time. 
I love my little house.

This is the living room right after the babies were born.
Very, very crowded. (Almost a year in the house.)



As much as I liked the faux fireplace, we needed the wall space. 
It was also very therapeutic.  ;)  (2-years in the house.)


My vinyl trees.  Oh how I loved them. 
But not as much as the twins loved
peeling them off.  :( 

I love red, but it's a small space
and green makes me happy.  :)



 


 
His and her keys. 
How did Lowe's know my color scheme?!  ;)
Our piano I painted blue.  It was free and has a broken bridge,
but the kids love to pound on it and I love the whimsy it adds.


You will notice we have a guitar or 5. 
In the dining room is a fiddle and uke. 
Our instruments are our art.  :)





Karate Girl was sad to see the red go so
I painted over a decal.  You'll notice the screw hole,
I have it hidden behind the lap steel. 
Only she knows it's there and she loves it.  :)

4 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I can not wait to get our own place to decorate!
    Tammy Stephens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you kept a red bird for Justice. And I also love the green. Green is like, my fave color (in a valley voice, mmkay?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet idea to leave a little bit of the room behind. It seems with family homes evolve the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a light green wall in the master bedroom and our pie safe is a sage green. I don't say that I have a favorite color, but if you look around the house it would be hard to deny it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for takin' the time to read my stuff. :)