Monday, August 27, 2012

I Love Lists and Schedules!


Like a lot! I have them for housecleaning, workouts, grocery lists and the kid’s chores. I make them so they flow with the set-up of the house, the workout and grocery list are written to follow how the gym and store are arranged.  And the kid’s chores so they can do them in order and little time is wasted.  I LOVE LISTS!!! And now that school is back in session I have even more reasons to make lists and stick to them.

OH! OH! And alarms; I have alarms on my phone for potty training every 2-hours, to remind me to pick up the oldest from school daily (have to get the twins ready… takes some reminding), Girl Scouts on Monday, Tae Kwon Do Tuesday and Thursday… yes, yes I like alarms too.

Some have told me that alarms and schedules stress them out, but for me it’s just the opposite. I can relax knowing I won’t show up late or miss it all together. *Yes… I’ve done both. YIKES!

They also make playing online guilt free. Yes… I can play online guilt free. :) My mama used to tell me that as long as I did a chore during TV commercials I could watch it. (‘cause hey, internet wasn’t around when I was in school… stop laughin’ you youngin’s!) Later TV was replaced with reading. For each chapter I read I had to do a chore. Now I manage my time by doing them between Blogger updates, Facebook newsfeeds and Twitter tweets. ;)

*As for workouts, it’s a great way to stay on top of what I’ve worked and my weak spots. But I may be changing the list up soon. This is the schedule my trainer set up for me; I just typed it out so that it flowed with the gym and lined up easier so I could mark them off. I’m finding I don’t have the time needed to do this much work… nearly 2-hours… I burn out easy. :(

The truth is most organized people are lazy, lazier than most really.  I love the saying: Efficiency is a highly developed form of laziness.   :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My House Cleaning Schedule:

Daily Maintenance:  Should only take 15-minutes

1.        Make beds

2.        Wipe down bathroom counters, sinks & toilets

3.        Wipe down kitchen counters & sink

4.        Put away any items such as shoes, bags, toys, newspapers…etc.

5.        Sort mail & update checkbook

Weekly Maintenance:  You can split this up during the week

1.        Vacuum

2.        Sweep & mop

3.        Dust

4.        Clean mirrors

5.        Wash bedding

6.        Take out trash

Deep Cleaning:  Only one area per week

*This means cobwebs in corners, cleaning windows & window seals, baseboards, dusting under everything, light fixtures & ceiling fans.  This is also the time to prune & fertilize plants.  Think Top to Bottom!

1.        Porch, Patio & Entryway

2.        Dining area

3.        Living/ Family room

4.        Kitchen

5.        Bathrooms

6.       Bedrooms (turn mattress)
 
My Workout Schedule:
Exercise
Sets
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Day 1
 
 
 
 
 
Hip Abductor
4x20
 
 
 
 
Hip Adductor
4x20
 
 
 
 
Leg Extension
4x20
 
 
 
 
Leg Curl
4x20
 
 
 
 
Calf Extension
4x20
 
 
 
 
Shoulder Press
3x20
 
 
 
 
Torso Rotation
3x20 (l & r)
 
 
 
 
Dumbbell Lat. Raise
3x20
 
 
 
 
Reverse Bar Lunges
3x20
 
 
 
 
Cable Squats
3x20
 
 
 
 
Ab-X
3x20
 
 
 
 
Hyperextension
3x20 (3 ways)
 
 
 
 
Cardio 30-minutes
BP 112-150
 
 
 
 
Day 2
 
 
 
 
 
Torso Rotation
3x20 (l & r)
 
 
 
 
Barbell Double Crunch
3x20
 
 
 
 
Plank Hold
3x40 seconds
 
 
 
 
Cardio 45-minutes
BP 112-150
 
 
 
 
Day 3
 
 
 
 
 
Chest Fly
3x20
 
 
 
 
Chest Press
3x20
 
 
 
 
Seated Cable Row
3x20
 
 
 
 
Wide Grip Lat. Pull-down
3x20
 
 
 
 
Close Grip Lat. Pull-down
3x20
 
 
 
 
Arm Extension Ropes
3x20
 
 
 
 
Biceps Curl
3x20
 
 
 
 
Incline Dumbbell Curl
3x20
 
 
 
 
 Roman Chair Knee Lifts
3x20
 
 
 
 
Hyperextension
3x20
 
 
 
 
Ab-X
3x20
 
 
 
 
Pushups
3x20
 
 
 
 
Bench Dips
3x20
 
 
 
 
Cardio 30-minutes
BP 112-150
 
 
 
 
Day 4
 
 
 
 
 
Hip Abductor
4x20
 
 
 
 
Hip Adductor
4x20
 
 
 
 
Leg Extension
4x20
 
 
 
 
Leg Curl
4x20
 
 
 
 
Calf Extension
4x20
 
 
 
 
Shoulder Press
3x20
 
 
 
 
Torso Rotation
3x20 (l & r)
 
 
 
 
Dumbbell Lat. Raise
3x20
 
 
 
 
Reverse Bar Lunges
3x20
 
 
 
 
Cable Squats
3x20
 
 
 
 
Ab-X
3x20
 
 
 
 
Hyperextension
3x20 (3 ways)
 
 
 
 
Cardio 30-minutes
BP 112-150
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. how are we friends? I'm so unorganized! hahaha You rock <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. With each kid I get less and less organized. Go figure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! you should follow me back at http://lefthandedideas.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could be more organized. I try. I have lists for my lists and sadly I forget them. I cut out coupons that are left on the counter. Once they make it to the car, they're left there until they make it to the purse, where they are left once I get to the check out. I'm hopeless!

    Glad I found you at the TGIF Hop! I'm your newest member. Come visit me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for takin' the time to read my stuff. :)