Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I Dream of Reading in Peace

I have this wonderful dream where I wake up before the kids, grab a book, a cup of coffee and read in peace under our back awning… just me, the birds and a squirrel or two. However, somewhere between rolling out of bed and getting that first cup of coffee one or all three of my kids hear me. No matter how ninja I think I’m being the tracking system they have is amazing. Today I decided to not let the kids discourage me and went outside anyway. Book in one hand, coffee cup in the other and little Blondie following close behind yelling at the birds to be quiet so she could eat. (True story.) After Mercy finished shooing all the birds away, just a few feet from her brother’s window, ensuring that he’d wake up. She also opened the back door and yelled for daddy to join us.
The four of us sat outside in the relative cool of a mid-August morning, Marshall wanted to sit in my lap, Mercy testing out all the chairs and Tommy trying to decide if going back inside might be a better plan. It was nothing like my dream, but I feel like I’m one step closer to making it happen. Or maybe it'll just remain a dream till they move away in about 15-years or so.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! The part with mercy testing all the chairs made me think of Goldie Locks! LOL You need an escape route and a coffee pot right in your bedroom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream of reading in peace, going to the bathroom in peace, what am I said the list goes on. I can't help but smile when the party moves where I am :)

    BTW, I am giving you a Liebster Award...check it out. http://princessmama1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for takin' the time to read my stuff. :)