Thursday, August 16, 2012

Daring Myself to enJoy (#1000gifts)




I’m reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  I’m taking my time, not really on purpose but because I like to read it when the house is quiet… therefore I’m taking my time.  ;)  I began to journal soon after I started the book but it was pretty hit or miss.  I came across her page: http://www.aholyexperience.com and have had it up all day listening to the music.  It’s very soothing when the twins are refusing naptime. 

So as I was listening to the music and reading some of her posts I came across her August Joy Dare.  And I thought maybe this is it.  Maybe this is the push I need to continue.  It’s true that when you start the day or even end it with a thankful heart you can feel yourself relax and that wonderful butterfly, excited feeling crosses over your whole body.  It’s right up there with morning coffee and a quiet place to read. 

With that said I joined.  I posted my link to her page, added her badge on mine and started a board on Pinterest called #1000Gifts My Crazy Joy Dare.   https://pinterest.com/christinecmoore I even added a Follow Me on Pinterest button.  (I’m all fancy schmancy now.)  What I’m hoping to do is follow her dare calendar starting today, August 16, 2012. 

I’m excited right now, but I know how we start out with good intentions and allow life to get in the way.  My prayer is that having a thankful heart will be enough motivation to continue this for weeks, months… hopefully years.  I am so very, very blessed.  But many days I can’t see past the finger prints on glass and the crumbs on the floor. 

I’m hoping this process will remind me that those finger prints and crumbs are proof that a well lived life is messy at times.  At that those same hands that left finger prints are the same ones that grab the sides of your face and those crumbs spilled from a toddler’s mouth is also the same mouth that gives you those sweet wet kisses. 


 
 
*So the Pinterest board didn't work out so well.  :( 
BUT I have added a tab to the top of my page where I can put the things I'm thankful for. 
It will be ongoing, so you can always check back in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for takin' the time to read my stuff. :)